ADR Rejected

Which version of Firmware are you running on the RN2483?

The firmware version running in that device is v1.0.4

Hi Dave,

Is there any chance for the downlink not to send TXPwr = 0 for this particular device (RN2483)? According to Microchip, this is an expected response from this 868 MHz device to reject TXPwr zero.

One other thing I notice is that there is no specific selection for RN2483 when I tried to register this device into portal. Unlike the 915 MHz device (ie: RN2903) where there is a specific selection, I had to choose “Other” under Device Type for RN2483 device. Does that mean this device is not fully supported?

Is there any plan to add a selection for “Microchip RN2483 (868 MHz)” in the future? Please advise.

Thanks,
Charlie

Hello Charlie,

We have assigned a profile to the device to force the Tx Power to 14dBm (1). We have confirmed that this was accepted by the device and has resolved the ADR rejected issue

The device designation has no bearing on whether a device is supported in the portal or not. We periodically update the list of devices, however there is no functional difference between a listed device and one selected as “Other” aside from the fact that we associate a picture of the device. At present, adding the RN2483 is not in the roadmap.

Regards,
Mike

Mike,

I can see now the TX Power is accepted. Thanks for your help and support in resolving this issue.

Charlie

Mike,

I have a quick question. One of my colleagues is still seeing TX_Pwr = 0 on his account. I thought this change is applied to all accounts but it doesn’t look like that’s the case.

Do you think you can help? Is it possible for this change to be in effect for anyone who’s running with RN2483A 868 MHz device?

Thanks,
Charlie

Hello Charlie,

That is correct the change in TxPower was only applied to the devices in your portal account. If there is another device that requires this change please have the account owner reach out to us and we will apply a profile to that device as well.

Regards,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Okay, that would explain why the change is not seen on his devices. I will ask him to reach out to you in regard to this.

Thanks for your help again.

Regards,
Charlie